SHIMPAC® ROADSHIM® planks are quick and easy to install, can be adjusted to size on site without the need for specialist tools and is compatible with fast setting mortar. The product range comes in various thicknesses, allowing the contractor to build up the area beneath the frame to achieve the correct level. Designed specifically to secure the chamber top and provide a platform to bed and level any ironwork to exactly the right height and angle.
SHIMPAC planks and collars are a combination of compressed cement (70%), treated recyclable fibres (15%) and small quantities of other raw materials for binding and strengthening.
39-49 N/mm2 (Independent site and laboratory testing)
1.5% expansion when soaked overnight in water (bucket test)
8.6% after 24 hours total immersion
Will not rot – suitable for use as permanent shuttering
Can be installed using fast setting mortar
On Site Cutting
- Tungsten tipped saw (where necessary)
- Stihl saw / disc cutter
- Planks up to 24mm thickness can be scored and snapped to length
Health and Safety
Download our COSHH data sheet
- Carriageway and footpath ironwork support e.g.
- Manhole frames and covers
- Gully gratings
- Hydrant and sluice valve boxes
- Stop tap, rodding eye and cable TV boxes