Toby bungs are designed as a temporary solution to an age old problem. When a surface box lid breaks or is stolen the area is left exposed and is then a trip hazard, leaving local authorities liable to compensation claims from personal injuries. When a TOBY Bung is installed the problem is eliminated until repairs are actioned and completed.
SHIMPAC planks and collars are a combination of compressed cement (70%), treated recyclable fibres (15%) and small quantities of other raw materials for binding and strengthening.
39-49 N/mm2 (Independent site and laboratory testing)
1.5% expansion when soaked overnight in water (bucket test)
8.6% after 24 hours total immersion
Will not rot – suitable for use as permanent shuttering
Can be installed using fast setting mortar
On Site Cutting
- Tungsten tipped saw (where necessary)
- Stihl saw / disc cutter
- Planks up to 24mm thickness can be scored and snapped to length
Health and Safety
Download our COSHH data sheet
- Carriageway and footpaths.
- Surface box frames and covers
- Gully gratings
- Hydrant and sluice valve boxes
- Stop taps and rodding eye